|Resign photo created by pressfoto - www.freepik.com|
While the book was really valuable from a management standpoint, to me the most impactful part of the book was Chapter 13: Determining If It Is Time to Leave. I wished I’d had access to this advice long ago when I first started working. My work journey would have been much different.
So here’s the authors’ advice, ask yourself 5 questions about your current job:
- Do I enjoy the work itself?
- Do I like the people?
- Am I fairly/generously paid?
- Is it meeting my professional development needs?
- Do I have work-life balance?
- Are there political situations that do not look like they are going to get better, that directly affect your ability to do your job or to enjoy the job?
- If the company is not UX-centered, is it actively trying to incorporate UX across the enterprise?
- Is the company looking at or has it adopted SAFe agile? (Yes, means you will be miserable. That's a whole other post.)